Friday, February 11, 2011

For Those Who Have Music In Their Ears

(Guitar riff starts, track one of the record)

Greetings. I am DigitalRevertion. If you have any interest what-so-ever in music, albums, or the industry/artists, you have come to the right place. [Warning: You will not locate Lady GaGa or Justin Bieber here, so if you are searching for them in specific, I ask that you do one of two things. Either, A) Leave or B)Stuff a brick in your trap & listen close.]

(Drums follow suit and bring much needed mayhem)

Allow me to give some info about myself. I am 21 years old, but mature beyond my years. I also have a stricken sense of humor, and can be sarcastic. However, rest assured,  I am quite the sweetheart & will keep this blog clean & mature for the sake of music.

(Bassline manifests beneath the two instruments, carrying the cut to new heights)

So, anyway....

(Bombastic bridge with fireball-frenzied drum beats, coated in a candy shell)

(Track two, and a scream kicks in over a sweet as honey bassline)

My apologies. Got carried away. If you were to ask me my tastes, I would probably say what I am about to say. To me, The Smashing Pumpkins are the greatest band of all time (1988-2000, predominantly), and Billy Corgan is the best songwriter & lyricist to come out of the 90's. Vocally, he conveyed emotion like no other.

Porcupine Tree is not far from the top, taking second place with ease. Steven Wilson nearly rivals Billy Corgan in terms of songwriting skill and sheer diversity of style and music. Imagine The Beatles crossed Pink Floyd. Later (and more recently), keep specks of those same influences, and breed them with Dream Theater with a touch of Opeth to create his newest muse. Wilson has a one-up on Corgan in the sense that he has built his fanbase from the underground up since 1991. Now, he has quite a massive following, as well as a niche in a record company that does not sacrifice his artistic integrity.

That said, I truly hope The Pumpkins re-emerge from the abyss with Teargarden by Kaleidyscope, and the best of luck to Billy. I will touch further on this subject in the future.

Following them, my top favorites would include Alice in Chains, Marilyn Manson, Biffy Clyro, Nine Inch Nails, AFI, Aereogramme, Screaming Trees, Silverstein, Manic Street Preachers, Lunatic Soul, Radiohead, and Tegan & Sara.

I will not get into specifics for the sake of keeping your eyes open. That is some decent diversity in taste right there, but it does not stop there. See my facebook for a more complete list of artists.

For now, I have to go to work, and will possibly update this tonight if I can. First true subject matter of the next blog post will be: Billy Corgan & His Pumpkins: A Brief Acknowledgement.

Stay true to your tastes, and do not allow me to sway you. Or maybe you should. Later,


--Digital Revertion

(soloing)

(record ends, leaving entire room speechless)

Ready...set...REVERT!

This is a place where I post all of my various ramblings about the musical world. More or less, to keep my friends & family sane and to give insight & guidance to all music freaks with a passion as frightening as mine. Album reviews, artist news & insights, and my own conflicting opinions. Click the link at the bottom of the page to become a follower of the Musical/\Revertion.